Sunday, June 17, 2012

~Gracious Uncertainty~




"Spiritual life is the life of a child". 

"We are not uncertain of God, but uncertain of what He is going to do next. If we are only certain in our beliefs, we get dignified and severe and have the ban of finality about our views; but when we are rightly related to God, life is full of spontaneous, joyful uncertainty and expectancy."

"Leave the whole thing to Him, it is gloriously uncertain how He will come in, but He will come."  

~ Oswald Chambers



True words that need to be held on to. Truth that I am learning, but still need so much practice.

Practice, practice, practice . . . 

In Grace & Life 101, I'm studying the textbook of Uncertainty- it's a big, fat book with lots of little print.
 I really didn't want to take this course, but it's a required class for whatever is next . . . 
of course that's pretty uncertain too. ;)

I'm doing the reading, but finding it hard to turn these pages joyfully. I'm highlighting a lot, getting excited over what I am seeing . . . and then forgetting it as soon as I turn the page. And this class seems to have tests right and left . . . at least, I think they're tests . . . kinda uncertain there, too.

However, every time I feel that sinking feeling of failing . . . 
the Professor comes over and gives me a little hint; a little grace. 
And I start to remember what I should know by rote now: when I admit this paper I'm working on is nothing but B.S.-
He does come in and He grades with a hefty curve.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I will always do my best to respond!